How do I install Ubuntu on an ASUS N75S

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:40:28 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:07 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it? Are you sure? What makes you think that it is irrelevant?

It appears to be a PROM-resident application that boots before the OS
(well, Windows - I haven't checked to see what happens now I have mint
on it).

> What disk driver is it using in Windows?
> Does it have UEFI or a BIOS?
> If it is UEFI, have you disabled SecureBoot?
> Have you tried changing the  mode of the disk controller and seen what
> Ubuntu makes of both IDE and AHCI modes?

I went through all that.  Please see my SOLVED posting.  It was a
bonehead user error (wrong "power" button).

Thanks, though .  I appreciate your inputs as always.

MR