jEdit

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Tue Mar 21 13:57:38 UTC 2017

Liam Proven schreef op 21-03-2017 14:32:
> On 21 March 2017 at 14:30, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Here is a screenshot of me running jEdit from a Debian host (Jessie)
>>> over an
>>> X session via PuTTY on Windows :p.
>>>
>>> http://www.xen.dds.nl/f/i/screenshots/jedit-5.1_from_Linux_over_X.png
>>
>> Not sure what you are complaining about exactly. it looks ok to my
>> ancient eyes.
>

> Looks fine to me, too.
>
> The fonts are thinner than I'd like, so I'd choose a heavier font
> size, but they're clear and sharp.

Aye, like Ralph says...

font-weight as a property of fonts was introduced some while ago but
there is only one font-weight being used by any fonts and that is
"bold", there are no other font-weights in any other fonts that I know
of or that you and I use.

So you can increase the size, but not the weight.

I mean it's like we have to argue why anti-aliasing even exists.