jEdit

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Tue Mar 21 13:25:06 UTC 2017

Ralf Mardorf schreef op 21-03-2017 14:08:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:45:15 +0100, Xen wrote:
>> http://www.xen.dds.nl/f/i/screenshots/jedit-5.1_from_Linux_over_X.png
>
> I could take those "thin and hard" fonts you get, but removed jedit,
> because the fonts were not plain black on my monitor. They were as thin
> and hard as yours, but partial black and partial green or red, just
> some
> were completely black, but those had red and green shadows.

In general those "colour" anti-aliasings are one of the choices you get
in the Gnome 3 Tweak Tool, of course,

but this tool won't have an effect in jEdit I think. This tool also
allows you to select "grayscale" anti-aliasing.

But all of that is irrelevant here, I guess...

> In general I set up my Linux to get not too thick and not too blurry
> fonts, but they are far thicker than those you and I get for the jedit
> menu bar and at least a little bit blurry and completely black, without
> unwanted colour effects.

There is *some* anti-aliasing on the jEdit fonts but very little. They
are still quite jaggety as if none took place.

All I can try is to redo those command line parameters to Java that I
saved in that older screenshot ;-).

java -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on -Dswing.aatext=true

and then the rest of the command.