java not working

Scott Blair scott.blair at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 13:04:22 UTC 2017

On 03/18/2017 06:48 AM, Xen wrote:
> Scott Blair schreef op 16-03-2017 19:07:
>
>> Others have gone to the web site I am working on
>> (test.norulesofengagement.us) and the Java back to the top button
>> works, but not on my system in any of the browsers from the Internet.
>> I have checked all the browsers to make sure they are not blocking
>> Java, but if I load it from my hard drive, it works fine.
>> It is probably some mundane thing I am missing, any ideas?
>
> Before responding to Ralph again I just want to point you to these
> resources:
>
> - this page documents the "Exception Site List" for Java browsers, which
> you may need to get something running on a website:
>
> https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/exception_sitelist.xml
>
> - this is some documentation for Linux. You can start the Java Control
> Panel by executing the "ControlPanel" command from an alt-f2 run box, or
> the shell.
>
> "This new version of Java (version 1.7.0_51) leads to security
> permission error for many sites. So, you need to add exceptions to these
> sites. It can be done by accessing the Java Control Panel. Press ALT+F2
> and type "ControlPanel" to access Oracle java 7 Plugin Control Panel. Go
> to the Security tab and Click on " Edit Site List" under "Exception Site
> List" section. Here you add the site which is giving error regarding
> security permissions.  Add the sites and click OK and close the panel." [1]
>
> In other words, you may be able to add your site to the "Exception Site
> List" which may cause it to run.
>
> Regards.
>
> [1]
> http://insane-on-linux.blogspot.nl/2014/01/java-webex-firefox-ubuntu-1204-64-bit.html

Nothing comes up when I use ATL+F2 ControlPanel or controlpanel. When I
run incognito in all browsers it works. I added Opera 473.0.2442.114 (64
bit) and it works fine on that. Up until Opera, I was beginning to think
a system problem, but not sure now.

Thanks,

Scott Blair

USMC Defending your freedoms since 10 November 1775

Save on backup time "BackupDevice=Null"

If you don't stand behind our troops,
feel free to stand in front of them.