java not working

Scott Blair scott.blair at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:07:38 UTC 2017

I am running Ubuntu 16.10 and have Java installed:
scott at main:~⟫ Java -version
openjdk version "9-Ubuntu"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 9-Ubuntu+0-9b134-2Ubuntu1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 9-Ubuntu+0-9b134-2Ubuntu1, mixed mode)
scott at main:~⟫

Here is the problem. When running from my computer it works. But on the
Internet, it doesn't. I use the following browsers: Vivaldi 1.7.735.46
(64 bit), Google Chrome 57.0.2987.98 (64 bit), Chromium 56.0.2924.76 (64
bit), Firefox 52.0 (64 bit) and Thunderbird 45.7.0 for email.

In emails I get a Java error and none of the Java videos work. I turned
off the firewall to test and it still doesn't work. Firewall is showing
that Java is coming through the firewall.

Others have gone to the web site I am working on
(test.norulesofengagement.us) and the Java back to the top button works,
but not on my system in any of the browsers from the Internet. I have
checked all the browsers to make sure they are not blocking Java, but if
I load it from my hard drive, it works fine.
It is probably some mundane thing I am missing, any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott Blair

USMC Defending your freedoms since 10 November 1775

Save on backup time "BackupDevice=Null"

If you don't stand behind our troops,
feel free to stand in front of them.