out of space on /root

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 11:55:01 UTC 2017

On 13 March 2017 at 12:28, Xen <list at xenhideout.nl> wrote:
> Personally I used "joe" prior to starting to use Vi(m) a lot. I think it is
> nicer than pico/nano.

It's still a nasty, weird 1970s interface, just as are Vi, Emacs,
Nano, Pico, all of them.

All GUI text editors now have the same core UI: file/edit/view/etc
menus at the top, Ctrl-C to copy, Ctrl-X to cut, Ctrl-S to save, etc.

There is no reason Linux shell/console editors should be any different.

There are a number of them, but Tilde is mature, stable, and has a
native Ubuntu version.

eFTE seems to require X.11 and I don't know why.

SETedit is good but long-unmaintained. There are others which don't
work at all any more, such as FTE and XWPE.

I blogged about them here:

http://liam-on-linux.livejournal.com/42908.html

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com