Scanner on printer not working

Brian ad44 at cityscape.co.uk
Sun Mar 12 19:05:35 UTC 2017

On Sun 12 Mar 2017 at 13:53:13 -0400, Scott Blair wrote:

> On 03/12/2017 11:37 AM, Brian wrote:

[Snip]

> >Ok. Airprint is enabled. What is showing this error? Please post so we
> >can see what you can see.
>
> http://192.168.30.105
> Under tools, printer information, items needing attention it says scanner
> failure.

Thanks. I wonder what "failure" means. Is the scanner physically broken
or is it an indication of some communication (network?) problem?  Surely
it cannot be broken? Copying works and that uses the scanner.

The wireless connection seems fine because you can access the device at
192.168.30.105. You have AirPrint/Bonjour activated (Bonjour is under
Network/Networking on the web page) but the previous avahi-browse
command gives no output. This is very worrying. Are you sure there is no
sign of the envy amongst the other items there?

avahi-browse -art | less

(If you are thinking of putting the scanner on the network with SANE,
I'd think again. Ubuntu bug #1435022).

Please post the output of 'lpstat -t'.

--
Brian.