Github ToS and Open Source

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Mar 4 04:37:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, 03 Mar 2017 22:40:12 +0100, Xen wrote:
>> It's available by the official Arch Linux repositories and once it
>> was also available by Debian/Ubuntu repositories, too. Arch Linux
>> calls the license/s "GPL custom:exception", but a GPL with an
>> exception actually isn't a GPL anymore.
>
>Wouldn't it normally just be available in "non-free"?

I don't know, but free as in libre and free as in beer music software
and sounds that are usable, IOW that fit the state of affairs
regarding quality standards, aren't that easy to get. Actually there
aren't official standards, but musicians are used to get much wanted
sounds of professional sound quality and wanted synth features for less
than 10,- EUR by proprietary software for mobile devices.

Everybody who disagrees with my claim might be willing to contribute to
this request:

http://lists.ardour.org/pipermail/ardour-users-ardour.org/2017-March/028317.html

I will not waste my time with this dead issue, I prefer to pay 10,-
EUR now and then.