Best Twitter client for Ubuntu 15.10

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Mar 1 03:49:25 UTC 2017

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 01:44:45 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>hi,
>On Di, 2017-02-28 at 20:37 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>

>> IMO that's far too individual and just confusing the OP ;). I'm for
>> example using syslinux instead of GRUB and to avoid chain-loading I
>> do...
>>

>*grin*
>... and you think thats less confusing and individual ?

Hi,

that's the point. The OP IMO should post the output of

  ls -hAl /

when running the outdated Ubuntu and I forgot the output of

  cat /etc/fstab

too. So we could help to run the commands to backup Ubuntu (hopefully
to an external HDD and not to a DVD or an USB stick or other insecure
media). Then the OP should download and burn an Ubuntu. The attached
script might help, assuming the OP should use 64-bit architecture. After
making it executable by

  cd path_to_the/script
  chmod a+x luamd64_1610.sh

running

  luamd64_1610.sh ubuntu 16.04.2

the script will download the Ubuntu LTS and verify it by the gpg
signature. With this live DVD it's possible to make a backup and to
already take a look at the LTS before updating the installed Ubuntu.
The script allows to download any other _desktop_ flavour

  ubuntu-mate
  ubuntu
  kubuntu
  lubuntu
  ubuntu-gnome
  ubuntukylin
  ubuntustudio
  xubuntu

and to automatically verify the download against an public Ubuntu key.

Regards,
Ralf