nfs on 17.04

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Thu Jun 29 14:41:55 UTC 2017

Tom H schreef op 29-06-2017 14:28:

> I wouldn't waste time on tcpwrappers; it's iptables is more than
> enough and tcpwrappers won't prevent iptables from blocking nfs
> requests.

It's just a quick way to get a certain amount of protection going
without having to depend on firewall rules being up.

It was not meant to puncture a hole in the firewall; that the user had
to do himself.

It is just the fastest way to open up your firewall while having a
decent amount of protection in place for other things.

Of course the tcpwrapper will not cover all cases, such as Apache.