Another systemd-resolved problem in 17.04

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Thu Jun 22 00:19:24 UTC 2017

** Reply to message from Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> on Wed, 21 Jun 2017 10:04:11
+0100

> After my problems with systemd-resolved being unable to resolve
> unqualified names I've hit another issue that seems to be a resolver
> problem as well.
>
> I left my laptop running for a few days and this morning DNS was
> broken, most queries were getting REFUSED returned by the local
> resolver.  All other systems on the LAN (not yet 17.04) had DNS
> functioning OK.
>
> Restarting system-resolved seems to have fixed the problem (I did mean
> to send it a SIGUSR2 but killed it by mistake).

Glad to see this message.

My desktop computer (17.04) had network problems after being up for about a
week, reboot cleared it up.  I knew it was a network problem but the problem is
not a big problem so I have not tried to trouble shoot.  At least I know I am
not the only one with a problem.

--
Robert Blair

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free!  -- P.J. O'Rourke