Another systemd-resolved problem in 17.04

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:05:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Xen <list at xenhideout.nl> wrote:
> Tom H schreef op 21-06-2017 12:35:
>>>
>>> Restarting system-resolved seems to have fixed the problem (I did
>>> mean to send it a SIGUSR2 but killed it by mistake).
>>
>> Without the relevant logs, no one'll be able to help you - here or
>> in a bug report.
>
> Something like that is not just about help. It is also to tell
> others that the system is faulty.
>
> The whole idea of software is that you make it right for ALL
> people. Solving one person's problems doesn't mean much. The whole
> idea is that the ones responsible take note of the issue, not just
> that one person's problems are solved.
>
> So you misinterpret the intent of the message. The intent is not
> just to get personal help. The intent is also to give help, but
> this is then misunderstood.

This list is for "technical support" so it's correct to assume that
Chris is asking for help!

Anyway, whether it's for help or not, it's a useless email. It's like
saying "I installed 17.04 and it doesn't boot." It's unhelpful to the
OP, to anyone receiving the email, and to Ubuntu (as well as to
whatever upstream's concerned).