Gnome setup in Ubuntu

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 07:12:49 UTC 2017

Hi SDA

Thanks for that. There doesn't seem to be a
gnome-software-packagekit-data in Ubuntu repositories, nor anything
similar that I can see. gnome-software-common is installed.  I have
checked all the gnome-software* packages on the working and
non-working systems and the installations are the same. I wonder
whether it is a configuration issue.

Colin