Why does no one care that Brad Spengler of GRSecurity is blatantly violating the intention of the rightsholders to the Linux Kernel?

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Thu Jun 15 17:49:35 UTC 2017

aconcernedfossdev at airmail.cc schreef op 15-06-2017 17:34:
> Why does no one care that Brad Spengler of GRSecurity is blatantly
> violating the intention of the rightsholders to the Linux Kernel?

You made this discussion on @discuss last December.

You were of the opinion that any copyright violation *MUST* be
prosecuted.

I failed back then to see the need to do so. Why should you care if you
are not effected?

The answer to your question is simply that people are not hurt by it,
and if they were I think you could count on them to see the relevance
themselves. Without convincing.

Even in criminal prosecution there is something called "prosecutorial
discretion". And if no one is hurt, why should they care.

This thought that some kind of natural law mandates action is folly. It
only happens if people care.

You ask why people don't care. Probably because they have better things
to do.

Some of the things you have cited indicate a counter-productive
'response' from this Spengler fellow, in the sense that the more you
nag, the more he will do the opposite of what you want, as people
usually do.

If someone tells me to eat pizza every Sunday, I am sure as hell not
going to eat pizza on a Sunday. And I might even avoid doing it on
purpose just to mess with you.

I told you back then that your approach treated this guy as an enemy,
and you see now that he did as I told you he would, you didn't come
closer to an agreement, but you widened the gap.

Your efforts have an effect opposite to what you intend.

You want to achieve victory by force. Well, good luck.