Gnome setup in Ubuntu

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 15:23:14 UTC 2017

On 14 June 2017 at 15:04, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 June 2017 at 15:53, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Liam. As far as I can see all those address install the
>> extensions through a browser. None seems to mention a button for this
>> purpose in the Gnome Software app, apart from a brief mention that
>> eventually it should be possible through gnome-software. See attached
>> screenshot.  Possibly I have installed something that provides that my
>> without realising.
>

> The browser is the official, supported way, AFAIK.

That's what I thought till I found the button in Gnome Software.
Something must have put it there. When clicked it provides a list of
all the extensions and they can be installed from there. This is great
I thought, no messing about with Firefox addons, but as I said, in
fresh install of Ubuntu Gnome it is nowhere to be found. Very odd.

Colin