Lenovo success except no wireless

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Sat Jun 10 01:59:36 UTC 2017

Thank you for reading this.

I finally managed to get no-1802 to do it's job, now I can log into my laptop.

One small problem though. I managed to corrupt Windows, through my own carelessness, so I've lost the original Lenovo Windows drivers which means that the wireless network card is turned off. Function F5 (under Windows) should toggle the wireless on and off. Some of the function keys work under Ubuntu but no all. I still have Ethernet and a USB wireless dongle that does the job but I'd still like the have the internal wireless card working.

lswh -C network shows that I have an Ethernet interface but no wireless interface.

Again, I've searched the Internet for an answer but apart from finding that this is a common problem, no joy. Does anyone have any suggestions? By the way, the EBay vendor will reinstall Windows for me but I'm up for the postage which is not inconsiderable.

--
Regards,
Phil