Lenovo 1802 error

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 07:23:43 UTC 2017

On 9 Jun 2017 5:13 a.m., "Phil" <phil_lor at bigpond.com> wrote:

Thank you for reading this continuing saga.

Just to recap, I bought a refurbished Lenovo T420 laptop. All went well at
until the 1802 (unauthorised network card) error occurred and now I cannot
boot the computer. Occasionally I can but not very often.

Is it the case that it used to boot ok but will no longer boot, and you
have not changed the hardware?  If so then it is broken.

An Internet search shows that this is a common problem.

It is only a problem if the network card has been replaced by a non lenovo
approved card.

I have built a no-1802 boot CD but on the rare occasion that I can escape
the 1802 error

If you get the 1802 error intermittently then the hardware is broken.

and can actually boot from the CD I'm informed that the CD is not a FAT
format although I get a Windows prompt that allows me to continue but
nothing seems to happen. The network card is still turned off.

I've attempted to disable the card in the BIOS and to open the case to
remove the card, but no joy and the Ebay seller is not responding. F1 used
to bring up the BIOS menu but that's not happening now.

Sorry to sound like a scratched record, but it is broken.

Colin

I really had reservations about buying a used laptop and it appears that
those doubts have been vindicated.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

--
Regards,