Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 20:36:00 UTC 2017

On 01/06/2017, Tom Haddon <tom.haddon at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday June 14th at 23:00 UTC we plan to perform some essential
> maintenance on our Firewalls. We expect there to be a minute or two of
> network
> interruption as we update each firewall in turn, which may affect services
> like Ubuntu mailing lists, Launchpad and the Ubuntu wiki. We expect to
> complete this work by 00:00 UTC (1 hour later).
>
> The progress of the updates will be communicated by IRC in
> #canonical-sysadmin
> on Freenode by Paul Collins (IRC nick pjdc). Please report any issues you’re
> seeing there.
>
> If you have any questions or comments please reach us in #canonical-sysadmin
> on Freenode.
>
> Thanks, Tom

May we know, out of curiosity, what firewall software you are using?

For years, I had been using firestarter, on a firewall/gateway
computer, but it is no longer supported, and I think it was running on
Debian 5. It was running on a now obsolete version of Debian.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."