LCD monitor

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Thu Jul 27 11:27:22 UTC 2017

Joel Rees schreef op 27-07-2017 11:10:

> If I were buying a new monitor now and had the money, I'd pay extra to
> get a good one.

I just bought mine in the shop. So I compared displays.

I thought the "glare" displays, the shiny colours, were not to my
liking. I didn't want anything that reflected, so I got one that looked
flat. I never regretted the image.

It's just it had an internal power supply that made noise when turned
off and I never went back with it. Years later I realized that it
started bugging me more and more.

Some shops still think they don't have to replace something like that,
and I went back too late, and my shop was one of them, I mean.

So not happy about the actual product, but the display itself was fine
and I have never really thought that I needed something better.

NOW I think 19" is too small. Currently looking at... well, whatever.
That was an Acer that I had.

I kicked the monitor also over multiple times recently and never an
issue.

Personally I would think height adjustment was an important criterium.
That thing didn't have it, only rotation. I remember being slightly
disgruntled by that.

But the TV I bought didn't have it at all ;-).

Anyway, regards.