USB-VGA suggestions?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Thu Jul 20 22:51:04 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-20 18:34, Karl Auer wrote:
> Not me - but I have had experience with using USB-to-serial adapters.

While I appreciate the thought, Karl, I promise you, I know serial: I
still have the RS-232 pinouts (both nine- and 25-pin) memorized, as well
as the Procomm keystrokes, which translate nicely to Minicom.  Heck:
just today, I ordered three USB-to-RJ-45 serial cables for switch and
router console work.  But that's not gonna cut it for what I want,
because I'd need to set up the serial in the BIOS, first.

Alas, it *also* occurred to me that my desire was really a fantasy: the
BIOS, likewise, will almost certainly ignore any USB-VGA adapter I tried
to use.  Which means, like it or not, in order to get the pesky blades
to boot, I'll have to plug in to the VGA headers on the motherboards of
the blades.  Which leaves me still boggling that they didn't have VGA on
the blades to start with.

Thanks anyway, all...

-Ken