Transfer file from remote machine to local machine

Yubin Ruan ablacktshirt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 16:15:42 UTC 2017

Hi,
I am having some trouble with transfering file from remote machine to
local machine.

I got a remote machine A and a remote machine B. Usually I log into
remote machine A using ssh and then use A as a relay to log into
remote machine B. But when I am in B, I don't know how to copy file
directly from B to my local machine.

Because remote machine A is a relay and I don't have write permission,
I cannot transfer file from B to A. And because B is only visible to A
(since B is a internal machine), I cannot access B directly from my
local machine.

I have tried those sz/rz utilities but it seems that they does not
work as expected on Ubuntu, probably because of some terminal issues.

Some people suggest printing directly to the terminal and do some
copy-and-paste ... well, that file is pretty large, so it would be
better to handle the transfer with some programs or scripts ;-)

Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks,
Yubin