Linux-friendly laptops

J. L. jl.ffm at gmx.net
Thu Jul 13 20:34:10 UTC 2017

On 24.06.2017 17:24, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> I'm looking at getting (yet anothre) replacement laptop and this time
> I'd like to buy one that works well with Linux.
>
> Current options are:
>
> ASUS G751JT (2 of these, possibly 3)
> Dell M6700 Covet
>
> The Dell is slightly more expensive, but I'm leaning toward it because
> I'm fairly familiar with Dells and they tend to be OS agnostic,
> durable and reliable.

Though i don't know the exact Dell-machine You're talking about i can
only encourage You to go with Dell without the slightest doubt in my mind.

I've been using some 10 Dell-laptops starting in 1999 with a Latitude
C800 (still running very well 24/7 as a Linux-based firewall after _18_
years in duty => very nice coming of age!!!); the latest being a
Latitude D830 and a Precision M4300; admittedly both are already quite
"old" but both are just doing what they ought to. So why should i
discard them? And i've got quite a lot of accessories of this
Latitude-series.

At least my next laptop will most certainly be another Dell ...

Cheers and good luck! :-)