Linux-friendly laptops

Brad Harvey inflatus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 19:38:59 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 11:27 AM, Bas G. Roufs - in English <
basroufs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everybody.

> time
> > >
> > > Ive used thinkpads for years without a single issue.
> >
> > Yes, 'me too', X2nn and T4nn series.
>
> Me too. Ever since this winter, I am a happy user of a refurbished version
> of
> Lenovo Thinkpad X220, together with -at present- Kubuntu 16.04 LTS, along
> with
> KDE 5.8.7. (via the backports.) The machine I am using, has been revised
> for
> me by a skillful Linux expert here in The Netherlands.
>
> Yours.
> Bas.

I have used mostly Thinkpads. The support with Linux is mostly good. Max
out the RAM, throw in an SSD and you are set. I have not come across a
Debian distro that didn't work with all the hardware. I know others have
commented on System76. That is a good choice if you have the cash to throw
at it. Now that they have their own flavor or Linux I don't know if the
hardware will work with other distros. I am sure that Debian based ones
will still work.

I think sometimes that the distro wars spill over into the hardware. If you
are running Linux at least your doing well.

Cheers

Brad