VBox 5.1.14

Peter petergoggin at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 30 02:01:26 UTC 2017

I have a fresh install of ubuntu 16.04.  I installed the Virtual box
5.1.14software from the Otaclke site , including the extensions pack.

I reloaded my virtual box ( created with 5.0.24) which is an XP machine
with anuber of programs for which I cannot find a linux equivalent.  The
machine starts with no problem. I can run all of my software with no
problems except that I cannot see any usb devices. These are clearly
available and usable at the Ubuntu level.

What do I have to do to make the USB devices available in Virtual Box?

On my original installation the devices were available simultaneously in
the Virtual Box and to Ubuntu.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Peter Goggin