Container instead of VM: Why do all the sudo? [was Re: Software updater no longer functional]

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Jan 28 17:58:51 UTC 2017

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 04:16:10 +1100, Karl Auer wrote:
>And you should be able to specify the loopback to systemd-nspawn, too.
>
>Have you ever tried that?

No, it's uninteresting for me. I need a "normal" install that could be
booted with real-time abilities. IOW it's not always running in a
container, sometimes I "really" boot Ubuntu, instead of running it in a
container.

Maybe no install is wanted at all, but absolut security, so booting a
live media in a virtual machine, might be something to consider, too :D.