unresponsive screen graphics

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:25:04 UTC 2017

On 27 January 2017 at 06:06, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
> Running Ubuntu 16.04 with a number of problems we've discussed on this
> list, and unfortunately seem to recur after certain updates. Some
> seemed rather mysterious to the list folks so I won't go through those
> again. I do run a number of KDE programs, and a few from other
> desktops, but no other full desktop is installed.
>
> One hopefully minor problem is that I have several graphics on my
> screen that I can't seem to get rid of. They look exactly like icons
> that have been on the screen before, but are completely unresponsive
> and not listed in the desktop directory. Changing the background
> picture on the desktop does not get rid of these graphics - they
> appear in the same place in the new background picture. I'd like to
> figure out how they are generated and where they are stored and thus
> get a handle on how to get rid of them. Any pointers would be much
> appreciated.

Have a look in your Desktop folder and see if you see them there. If
so and you no longer need them then you can delete them.
Not surprisingly the contents of the Desktop folder are visible on the desktop.
I would have expected you to be able to delete them by selecting and
hitting delete on the desktop itself.

Colin