"Massively" slow down the mouse -- Ubuntu 14.04

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:27:16 UTC 2017

On 25 January 2017 at 20:43, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a user who wants to slow the mouse down slower than the slowest setting
> in the preferences.  Is this possible?  Her problem is she is not able to
> *precisely* position the mouse when editing text.  And no, she does not want
> to use the keyboard to position the cursor.  Is there something she (or I as
> the admistrator) can do?

You can, or at least used to, be able to use the xinput command to
adjust the mouse parameters. Have not done it for a while though so
don't remember exactly what to do. Look up that command and do some
googling and hopefully you will come up with the answer. Come back if
you can't find it and I will see if I can find my notes on the
subject.

Just found something
xinput -list
to identify the mouse
xinput set-prop nn "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" some_number
other parameters may do useful things also

Colin