More information on Server issues

Dr. Mikeal Hughes macmikeal at me.com
Thu Jan 26 15:08:07 UTC 2017

I am trying to find out some specific configuration for OpenSSH. I recently had my Ubuntu Server crash. Turns out my backup the boot sector was the wrong type UEFI instead of BIOS so I couldn't restore and get it to work. So I had to reinstall the Server plus decided to upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04. Anyway I have 4 issues I need to resolve. 1. When I try to SSH into the server I get unable, to connect with server, please try again later. 2. For some reason setting at the Server I can only do things if I am the root user. Sudo doesn't work. My account is an administrator. 3. Even from root I can't get to the root directory by cd / to be able to edit my php.ini file to increase maximum upload limit for wordpress.  I am thinking I need to run chmod on the root directory and set my permissions to say 755 to get to the php.ini file(?). I am not sure how to put my user macmike in a group where I can use sudo. I thought Ubuntu did that when you set a user up for admin.  Any how if you can give me some ideas appreciate it if you want to do that via my email here it is macmikeal at me.com.