Upgrade problem after system failure, help please...

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Jan 26 12:53:38 UTC 2017

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 02:35:11 -0600, Jay Ridgley wrote:
>sudo dpkg --configure -a
>Setting up util-linux (2.27.1-6ubuntu3.2) ...
>insserv: script hwclock.sh: service hwclock already provided!
>insserv: exiting now!
>update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
>dpkg: error processing package util-linux (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
> status 1

Strange, as a workaround the Internet e.g. provides
BAD_INSSERV_HACKER=true dpkg-reconfigure insserv
but I wouldn't use this workaround.

Actually I'm running the same LTS as you and I don't experience the
issue you experience.

Google for all the above output, using one phrase of it, after the
other.