SSH Problems

W Scott Lockwood III vladinator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 19:36:41 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Dr. Mikeal Hughes <macmikeal at me.com> wrote:

> Yesterday when I got everything tweaked on my server I now can’t get to it
> using SSH. I installed proftpd which I had before. Now when I go to
> terminal I get this error.
>
> MacBook-Pro:~ admin$ ssh -p22 macmike at www.mikealrhughes.com
> Connection closed by xx.xx.xxx.xxx port 22
> MacBook-Pro:~ admin>nbsp;
>
> Any ideas?

That looks a LOT like either denyhosts or fail2ban is preventing you from
ssh'ing back in. Did you have any authentication problems? Do you have
either fail2ban or denyhosts installed on your server? Are you sure you can
reach your server on that port still? Also, when using ssh at the command
line, -p22 is redundant. That's the default.

--
W. Scott Lockwood III