Getting closer on Server issue

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Tue Jan 24 03:52:28 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 21:08 -0600, Dr. Mikeal Hughes wrote:
> I see both Hard Drives. When I go and look at ownership of each Hard
> Drive I am told it is owned by root. Permission is greyed out I can’t
> change it. When the live CD starts up it says you are logged in as a
> Super User. That is why I thought I would be able to do the copy and
> paste. Which is why I wondered how I can get permission on both the
> Hard Drives to move the files I need to. I imagine I will have to do
> a fresh install of wordpress in the www.mikealrhughes.com
> <http://www.mikealrhughes.com/> directory. Then I have to find the
> index.php that directs the computer to wordpress for the files unless
> word press will do that on Install I don’t remember as that is 4
> versions back, this one was up to date with the latest. I know I will
> have to get the wpcontent directory which will give me all my themes,
> plugins, pages and then get my media files. It is just getting root
> privileges in a GUI environment that will make this easier. I did
> figure out the mounting which I was already mounted so made no
> difference. It was just a shot in the dark as to what might be the
> problem. I have fooled with computers since the early 80’s. Fooled
> with Linux since it first came out and admit I don’t know everything
> since I don’t do this particular part every day. Plus the fact I have
> been through so many programming programs, and Operating Systems each
> has their own flavor of commands. I would wagger I couldn’t get my
> way through a cpm OS even though I used to use it everyday. Thanks
> for you assistance. If I ever make it to the land down under I will
> look you up.
> Once I get wordpress showing up and can make it from there as I use
> wordpress every day.

Can you (with sudo on the command line or with a root nautilus as
discussed) copy/move a file from one drive to another? Suggest you copy
to test it, rather than move.

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)
http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer
http://twitter.com/kauer389

GPG fingerprint: A52E F6B9 708B 51C4 85E6 1634 0571 ADF9 3C1C 6A3A
Old fingerprint: E00D 64ED 9C6A 8605 21E0 0ED0 EE64 2BEE CBCB C38B