Backup Software Recomends

Kim Briggs patiodragon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 00:10:47 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 8:25 AM, Mike Hughes <engineerhughes at comcast.net> wrote:
> What software do you recommend that will run from a CD to backup an Ubuntu Server? At some point I would like to be able to hang an USB external drive on it do a full Backup once a month and an incremental at least weekly.
> What I am using now is HD Clone version 5. It had been recommended to me by a fellow Linux user out of New York. I have used it since version 3. For some reason I can't get version 6 to work for me. It wants to run on UEFI mode. When I run it in that mode says it needs says it needs to authenticate. It will just set there then. So I had to drop back to version 5.

Hello,  I have been incrementally backing up every night using rsync
and a cron job (through the GUI gnome-schedule) for over 10 years.
Very happy with the results.  I don't know about "run from a CD", but
this would work with a USB external hard drive.

http://kimbriggs.com/computer/linux-partitions-2nd-hard-drive-backup
Cheers.