Not seeing my own posts

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Jan 12 13:21:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've got Yahoo and Rocketmail (also Yahoo) addresses, too. The only
mailman mailing list with settings where this still works are the
FreeBSD mailing lists, resp. at least FreeBSD questions, on all other
mailman mailing lists Yahoo/Rocketmail either doesn't pass through our
own mails or the addresses don't work at all. I don't know
if this is the SPF/DKIM/DMARC issue or something else. It's strange
that "receive acknowledgement" doesn't work, while you are able to
receive the posts of others. Last time I used Yahoo "receive
acknowledgement" worked, when I received mails from others, but just
not my own mails. I switched to zoho.com. It's the free as in beer
provider, that does cause the less issues with mailing lists for me. I
only experience one issue, I still receive email from a blacklisted
address, fortunately it's just one mail per day. In my experiences all
providers filter features suffer from one or the other issue. As long
as a spammer doesn't send hundreds or more mails a second, I simply use
bogofilter by my MUAs, if filters on the server site should fail.

Regards,
Ralf