Why installing openjdk-7-jdk on Ubuntu Trusty installs systemd as well?

Yuri Kanivetsky yuri.kanivetsky at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 10:09:37 UTC 2017

In lxc containers you usually get pretty basic set of packages. For
example, in Ubuntu Trusty man and curl packages are not
"preinstalled". In other distributions there was no less and ping
right away, AFAIR.

And AFAIU, lxc containers use kernel of the host machine. It's not
that I see how it can affect installing openjdk in the guest. But it
makes sense to check it with Virtualbox, after all. What I'm planning
to do one of these days.