SIP to SIP on same computer?

Thufir Hawat hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 10:41:41 UTC 2017

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016, Oliver Grawert wrote:

> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 30.12.2016, 04:19 -0800 schrieb Thufir Hawat:
>> Is there a port collision, or other problem, with initiating SIP to
>> SIP onĀ
>> the same computer?
>
> do you actually have two soundcards ? or is linphone able to use two
> clients non-blocking on the same audio device ?

I was doing linphone to jitsi, but just for chat instant messaging.

I finally gave up and set up SIP on an IP phone, SPA 942 which is an old
linksys/cisco hard phone.  Between that hardphone and an Android tablet
SIP voice works fine, or well enough at least.

This was using free SIP accounts.

On this computer I can't seem to get much going, the different clients all
complain about ports even after changing it from 5060 to something else.

Everything's on the same home network.  I'll take a look at router, but...

Is there perhaps a CLI tool to test ports on the router?  knock?  Or, does
that start to get complex?

-Thufir