systemd fails to boot most of the time

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 18:33:34 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Teresa e Junior
<teresaejunior at gmail.com> wrote:
> Em 24/02/2017 10:56, Liam Proven escreveu:
>> On 24 February 2017 at 14:41, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Except perhaps a question: are the .device, .mount, or .swap units
>>> auto-generated by systemd or are you providing them under /lib or
>>> /etc?
>
> How could I know this, please? My system is mostly the default, except
> that I had deleted my swap partition, and then later recreated it.
> Maybe the problem is related? But just commenting the swap entry in
> /etc/fstab did not change the problem.

I've just replied to Liam to check under "/run/systemd/" for .mount
and .swap units.

You can also display their contents with "systemctl cat ...".

Rather than the "noauto" and other options, you could try
"x-systemd.device-timeout=VALUE_IN_SECONDS" in "/etc/fstab". Maybe the
boot won't time out and boot'll succeed.