Login switcher suspends audios

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:21:49 UTC 2017

I noticed recently that Xubuntu 16.04 doesn't have the built in
capability to switch users with xscreensaver.  I don't use light
locker because it has no screen saver feature.

I looked this up on the web and found that the lack of the user switch
option comes from the disappearance of gdmflexserver, which is no
longer part of Xubuntu.

I followed one post's advice to create a shell script to replace this,
and it works except that the running audio files are still suspended
when I open the new login.

How do I get around this?  Adding my userid to the audio group did not work.

Thanks.
MR