REISUB -- now what?

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:44:27 UTC 2017

On 16 February 2017 at 17:34, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm.  Answering my own question: no, the webapps stuff occurs also on other days that do not have a system failure.  I still haven't found anything that sticks out as happening at the start of a freeze-up.  And the first lockup message is so close to the restart that I doubt it's coincidence.   Very hard to say, because when the system has failed, all the screens are blank, and won't come alive until reboot.
>
> About all I can see to do is to stop the screens from blanking and hope there's some clue on the workspace I happen to be on when it fails.

When it locks up does Ctrl+Alt+F1 give you a terminal?  If so then
Ctrl+Alt+F7 should take you back. You may at least be able to login
and shutdown cleanly.

Have you tried booting into the RAM test and running it overnight (or
whenever) to check it runs ok? This is often a good check on the RAM
PSU etc.  Dependent on how often it fails you may need to run it
longer to get confidence.

Colin