Cheap mobo that doesn't cause issues with Ubuntu.

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Wed Feb 15 16:52:53 UTC 2017

On 02/15/2017 02:06 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Does somebody use on of the following components or could
> recommend for or against one of those components [1]?

I use an  A4-6320 APU in a Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 with no problems. Sound
and video and everything works fine.

I put this system together to run Ubuntu because it was the least
valuable equipment I had in stock, and I wanted a PC for my living room.

There are much faster systems for around the same cost if you were to
buy something new using Intel's cpus and motherboards. And it doesn't
have to be the latest models, for example their Pentium G4400 Skylake
cpus are wicked fast. For a little less you can get a Celeron.

I've never heard of a XILENCE psu, so hopefully it will last more than a
year. Cheap psus often live about that long.