unresponsive screen graphics

Stephen Allen marathon.durandal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 01:07:04 UTC 2017

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 01:50:55PM -0800, rikona wrote:
> Saturday, February 11, 2017, 12:10:17 PM, rikona wrote:
>
> > But, since stopping Nemo via the CLI worked before, I did that again
> > and it worked - again. Multiple problems gone. Stopping Nemo by just
> > closing it does NOT work, but via CLI does.
>
> Another odd thing. When it came up after the update, there are two
> sets of duplicated graphic icons - one set is inactive [set A], the
> other set IS active and work as expected[set B]. Stopping Nemo removes
> **set B**, the then-active ones, and set A then becomes the active
> icons.
>
> It seems like Nemo inactivates the "normal" icons and substitutes
> another set which then become active. Perhaps this behavior could give
> a clue what is happening?

Last time I had this problem, was when I had two file managers
installed: Nemo for Cinnamon and Nautilus for Gnome-Shell. There was
something wrong and when I started Gnome, I had both file mangers
managing by desktop resulting in duplicate icons - only one set worked.
Once I removed Nemo, all was well. Didn't pursue the issue as I didn't
end up using Cinnamon and removed it shortly thereafter.

The point I'm making is remove all your other file managers, if you have
more than one installed. If this works file a bug against whatever DE
you're using.