How do I recover my Ubuntu partition?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Feb 7 15:17:58 UTC 2017

> On 07 Feb 2017, at 15:11, Enrique Villalobos <villalobosmiras at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If your PC boots into Windows and doesn't ask you for an OS you
> probably need to reinstall grub.
>
> You can google how or you can try Boot-Repair.

I didn't follow this thread, but from the above I suspect that there still is a working grub.cfg. I don't know if EFI requires some special steps, but you could simply try to boot an Ubuntu live media and then run something similar to

sudo mount /dev/sdaX
sudo grub-install --boot-directory=/mnt/boot /dev/sda

To give you an advice what exactly you need to run, please use the live media and run

sudo gparted

take a screenshot or screenshots and post a link to the upload.