Firefox update issue

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 7 10:24:49 UTC 2017

hi,
Am Montag, den 06.02.2017, 18:28 -0800 schrieb MR ZenWiz:
> I don't know if this is actually a problem or not.
>
> Running an update (sudo apt-get dist-upgrade) on Xubuntu 16.04, I got
> these messages during the update, but everything appears to be
> installed and working.  Just wondering what these mean:
>
> Preparing to unpack .../firefox_51.0.1+build2-
> 0ubuntu0.16.04.2_amd64.deb ...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/lsb_release", line 25, in <module>
>     import lsb_release
> ImportError: No module named 'lsb_release'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/lsb_release", line 25, in <module>
>     import lsb_release
> ImportError: No module named 'lsb_release'
> /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst: 61: [: Illegal number:
>
> ???

looks like you dont have lsb-release installed ...

sudo apt install ubuntu-minimal

which you should always have installed on every (X,K,L,*)ubuntu will
pull it in.

seems also like there is a bug in the firefox postinst script that does
not catch the missing lsb_release command or a missing dependency of
firefox on the lsb-release package ... you should file that one on
launchpad ...

ciao
	oli