install programs into wine

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 15:40:47 UTC 2017

03 February 2017  at 9:26, Bill wrote:
Re: install programs into wine (at least in part)

>> Have you tried (find the exe then) "Right-Clink" on the Windoz exe you want to
>> run and choose "Run With Wine"?
>>

>WS=> Yes, I tried that.  Much of the problem is a faulty installation.
>A Critical folder was not created and in that folder should be some
>programs which are also missing.
>
>I'm going to try to dual boot to Windows (I really hate that) and try to
>install it there.  If I am successful,  I'll try booting to Linux,
>mounting the windows partition and try to run the program under wine.
>Is it possible to run stuff that way?

I've not tried, I have run an install from a Windoz parition that worked, but I
failed trying to mount my email folder that was on Windoz for my Wine installed
mail client, maybe just me going about that wrong, I think that wne will expect
"all" the files to be somewhere in the Wine profile (e.g. on your ubuntu part)