SSD

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 23:12:48 UTC 2017

:

> Toshiba OCZ TL100 SSD
>
> https://www.reichelt.de/SSD-2-5-SATA/OCZ-TL100-240/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=7294&ARTICLE=184616&OFFSET=16&SID=92WJOUx6wQATIAAGqHsTA1a58d1b95b56acbbb518dd4d82944ef5&LANGUAGE=EN
>
> with a Corsair SSD Mounting Bracket
>
> http://www.reichelt.de/Zubehoer-fuer-Laufwerke/CSSD-BRKT/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=7296&ARTICLE=158140&OFFSET=16&SID=92WJOUx6wQATIAAGqHsTA1a58d1b95b56acbbb518dd4d82944ef5&LANGUAGE=EN
>
> I'll use the SDD in the same way I used the HDD. I don't wish to do
> special SSD treatments.
>
> Is anything speaking against this SSD or is the mounting bracket known
> to be incompatible with Linux >= 4.0 ;). It's an old BIOS mobo with
> SATA, the manual mentions 3.0 Gb/s, so it's SATA 2.

I don't see how the mounting bracket would have anything to do with OS
compatibility.  In general the OS doesn't care how you put the
hardware together as long as the interfaces are properly connected.

I recently added a Patriot SSD to be my boot and root drive, and it
works just fine.  No compatibility issues so far.  It's a Patriot
Spark 256GB SATA6 drive, and it gallops nicely.

Even your old MOBO at 3Gb/s should be fine, though the drive will not
operate at full speed.

Good luck.
MR