startup in specific desktops?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Feb 2 19:18:20 UTC 2017

rikona wrote:
> I have several pgms I almost always use, set up in 4 desktops. How can
> I get these to startup in the desktops I want then to be in?

For KDE there is the program kstart (from the package kde-runtime), but
I don't know if it would work for Unity. You could try if it works: The
command

kstart --desktop 2 firefox

in a terminal should start firefox on desktop 2 even if you are
currently on another desktop. If you want to use it in a script to start
several applications, you may need a sleep command after each kstart
command. Try "kstart --help" to get a list of other options.

Nils