Disable touchpad (was: Re: switch off auto-selection of text (or what ever it is called ..))

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 13:44:49 UTC 2017

On 29 December 2017 at 00:29, Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:

> Still doesn't identify itself by name, but now
>
>> peter at pentacle ~ $ xinput list-props "DLL07BE:01 06CB:7A13 Touchpad"

Aha, now we have something we can work with!

So that means it's _not_ being properly detected by the kernel. That
is a generic USB device ID. Googling it leads to lots of info...

Overcoming boot problems (and trackpad & more):

http://wiki.yobi.be/wiki/Laptop_Dell_XPS_15

Other people are having trackpad problems:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3525/t/20018093

Here's one set of work-arounds:

https://www.glitchsys.com/linuxmint18-1-ubuntu16-04_dellprecision5510/

Lots of things to try on this one:

https://github.com/ruebenramirez/blog/issues/367

Someone's (presumably, since they shared it) working config file, but
no details about what/how/why...

https://gist.github.com/jarlah/a4deac8aafeccc8147ff77fdb3673851

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053