Disable touchpad (was: Re: switch off auto-selection of text (or what ever it is called ..))

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 11:30:20 UTC 2017

On 27 December 2017 at 22:11, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> On my current Lenovo, the settings app allows the touchpad to be turned
> off and on; when on, the pointer speed can be adjusted, tap to click
> can be enabled or disabled, as can two-finger scrolling and so called
> "natural" scrolling.

Hey! There it is.

That kind of works, though it is crude and requires keyboard navigation to
re-enable when you want your mouse back. I like the touchpad when I want to
use it, but it gets in the way when I'm using the keyboard. I'd rather
disable the touchpad quickly and then re-enable it when I want to use it
just as quickly. Hence, I think it would be nice if Ubuntu had a shortcut
key to toggle touchpad actvity.