Disable touchpad (was: Re: switch off auto-selection of text (or what ever it is called ..))

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 09:37:58 UTC 2017

Ubuntu does many things very well, but I have been thinking for some time
that it could make life easier by allowing the user of the OS installed on
a Dell to disable and re-enable the touchpad as well as controlling other
aspects of the touchpad which can frustrate and confound with a simple set
of keystrokes. Many users would be thankful that they don't themselves have
to resort to thinking about how to hack together a bespoke solution for
what appears to be features that the hardware appears to support and may
have done so for some time. It would be lovely to see this enhancement on a
future release of the OS.

Other than my sage advice as to what capabilities I think would be valuable
in a future version of Ubuntu, I'm not a contributor. Perhaps those who are
might think this is a good enhancement to make.