video card for new computer

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Fri Dec 15 18:53:56 UTC 2017

Ralf Mardorf schreef op 15-12-2017 18:49:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 18:14:35 +0100, Xen wrote:
>> they merged CPU and GPU which I think is a very bad idea
>
> As Intel does as well.
>
> [root at archlinux ~]# hwinfo --cpu | grep -m1 Model
>   Model: 6.60.3 "Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1840 @ 2.80GHz"
>
> "Processor Graphics indicates graphics processing circuitry integrated
> into the processor"

Yes I know, or I remember, but the Intel ones are not considered very
capable, so at least the aspect of "quite capable, but never good
enough" is left out.

I don't want to sit in the position where my APU gets me 80% of the way
there, but not quite.

And then I still have to buy a graphics card, but now I actually have
two.

Also I don't know about... I think that those APU motherboards also
support non-APU, which means that if you plug something like that in,
you won't have a GPU.

I want stuff to be independent so I have the highest amount of choice.

If you want any analogy from Japan...

There is a temple, I don't know where, that is like a tower and this
tower is made of wood.

It was said... the temple was made of wood because the builders wanted
it to be transient, perishable.

The tower has an architectural design that protects against strong winds
that no one understands, it was said. Modern architects cannot reproduce
it or why it works.

There is a people somewhere in south-east Asia that build their houses
on poles entirely from wood without using any screws. They can take
their homes apart in to pieces, transport it, and rebuild it again.

Through clever woodworking they don't need any metal or glue-like
bindings.