systemd-resolved

M. Piscaer debian at masterpe.nl
Thu Dec 14 09:52:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 13-12-17 15:39, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 13 December 2017 at 14:00, M. Piscaer via ubuntu-users
> <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On an Ubuntu 17.04 system I try to surf to www.ziggogo.tv. In chrome I
>> get the message:
>>
>> This site can’t be reached
>> www.ziggogo.tv’s server DNS address could not be found.
>>
>> DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
>>
>> Firefox has also the same issue. When I try to ping the addresses I get
>> an error:

I did an little test with test-size.masterpe.nl. If I put 13 A records
and 12 AAAA records, with an total of 25 all works fine. And I can ping
to that record.

If I add one record to A or AAAA so the total will become 26, I can't
ping any more and I get the error:

:~$ ping test-size.masterpe.nl
ping: test-size.masterpe.nl: Temporary failure in name resolution

Is it possible that I hit a bug in systemd-resolved?

> I have no idea if this is relevant, I'm afraid, but just in case it is
> helpful, I had the problem described in this link and the steps given
> sorted it for me:
>
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/965527/dns-problems-after-upgrading-from-16-04-to-17-10-how-to-reset-the-dns-settings

I can resolve query's only when the answer gets to big I hit this issue.

Kind regards,

Michiel Piscaer